AOD use within LGBTI Communities – Cultural Sensitivity Training - Advanced Practitioner Session /Part 2
This advanced practitioner session will improve participants’ confidence and techniques in one on one counselling skills through an LGBTI lens.
Wednesday 20 November 2019
9:30am - 4:30pm
110 Church Street
Richmond, VIC 3121
$220 (payable by credit card only)
This advanced practitioner session will improve participants’ confidence and techniques in one on one counselling skills through an LGBTI lens. Participants will gain a broader understanding of best practice in establishing effective Therapeutic AOD Services, increased knowledge of play space based interventions , such as the Parti Project, a joint project between Thorne Harbour Health and Star Health.
Ren Grayson is the LGBTI Training and Capacity Building Coordinator and Trans Health Project Lead for Thorne Harbour Health. Ren is an experienced senior clinician and educator specialising in effective and inclusive LGBTI and Youth AOD service provision, and has worked extensively within the Victorian AOD service context.
Stephen Borg is the LGBTI Training and Capacity Building Officer and Client Care Support Worker at Thorne Harbour Health. Stephen has extensive experience as a Peer facilitator for THH’s Re-Wired 2.0 Program. Re-Wired 2.0 is a program for men who have sex with men who want to change, reduce, control or stop their methamphetamine use.
Who should register?
AOD, community and mental health clinicians, social and youth workers, any health professional working directly with LGBTIQ clients
A light lunch including a vegetarian selection is provided.
Getting to Turning Point
Turning Point is located at 110 Church Street, on the corner of Church Street and Tweedie Place. Entrance is via the front of the building, to the right of the Skoda car dealership. Please take the lift to the first floor and visit reception.
- Tram 78 on Church Street
- Tram 109 on Victoria Parade (about a 5 min walk to 110 Church Street)
- Tram 75 on Bridge Rd (about a 7 min walk to 110 Church Street)
There is very limited 2 hour street parking available in the area. All day parking is available in:
- Shelley Street, Richmond (between Butler and Elizabeth Streets) -about 1km walk to Church St (about $10/day).
- Coles Richmond Plaza (actual address is 261 Bridge Rd, entry is by Cameron St, off Church St) (about $16/day). About an 8 minute walk or catch the No 78 tram from corner of Bridge Rd/Church St (stop 61). Alight at Tweedie Pl/Church St (Stop 63). NB: Stop 63 is also the stop for the Melbourne Clinic -we are on the same side of Church Street as Melbourne Clinic across Tweedie Place.
- 459 Church Street, Richmond (about $16/day). About a 20 min walk or catch the No 78 tram which leaves from stop 55 (Adelaide St). Alight at Tweedie Pl/Church Street (Stop 63).
If your circumstances change and you no longer can attend this event after you have registered please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than one (1) week prior to the event to cancel and/or be issued with a full refund. A refund will not be issued if notification has not been received within this time frame and you will be required to pay for the event.
Workforce Development 8413 8700 or email@example.com