Publications and reports
Turning Point is regularly consulted by state and federal governments in relation to alcohol, drug and gambling policy. We publish reports based on our research and make submissions to government policy reviews.
- 29 May 2019A national study of ambulance responses to men’s mental health
- 3 October 2018Exploring harms experienced by children aged 7 to 11 using ambulance attendance data: a 6-year comparison with adolescents aged 12–17This article gives an overview of research published in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health in July 2018.
- 15 May 2018This report provides results from the August 2016 wastewater testing completed in metropolitan Melbourne and several regional Victoria sites.
- 11 May 2018The Patient Pathways study included a data-linkage component. For the first time, data on individuals in the Victorian alcohol and other drugs (AOD) treatment database, ED and hospitalisation datasets were linked and analysed to examine patterns and characteristics of ED presentations and hospital admissions.
- 10 May 2018In 2017 Turning Point published the latest findings from one of Australia's largest and most ambitious research programs on treatment systems and pathways, funded by the Commonwealth Department of Health. The paper describes treatment pathways and outcomes for nearly 800 clients accessing publicly funded alcohol and other drug treatment services across WA and Victoria.
- 8 January 2018In 2017 Turning Point was asked by Victoria’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to review service planning across the state and recommend packages of care and a population-based planning model that focused on five major streams of activity - withdrawal, counselling, care and recovery co-ordination, therapeutic day and residential rehabilitation.
- 6 January 2018Turning Point's submission into the Inquiry into the consultation draft National Alcohol Strategy by the Department of Health on behalf of the Ministerial Alcohol and Drug Forum.
- 31 March 2017In November 2015, Victoria’s Law Reform, Road and Community Safety Committee received a reference to inquire into, consider and report on drug law reform. The Committee has been asked to inquire into, consider and report, no later than 9 March 2018.