We have a number of expert clinicians and researchers available to comment on a variety of topics including:
- Alcohol and other drug statistics and mapping (AODStats)
- Alcohol, other drugs & gambling and COVID 19
- Alcohol, other drugs & gambling law reform and policy
- Drinking cultures
- Gambling and mental illness
- Neurocognitive interventions (Cognitive Bias Modification)
- Peer support
- Psychotherapy and PTSD
- Residential detox and short-stay rehabilitation
- Sleep, including shift work and alcohol & drug use
- Social determinants of alcohol, other drugs & gambling
- Suicide and self-harm
- Telephone and online counselling
- Treatment systems and pathways
- Veterans’ wellbeing
Media stories on alcohol, other drugs and gambling may be confronting for some people. Support is available and we encourage all journalists and media agencies consider publishing the details below in their stories:
For alcohol and other drug use
If this story has raised issues about your own or others drug and alcohol use, please contact Counselling Online for free confidential counselling or call the National Alcohol and Other Drug Hotline on 1800 250 015.
If this story has raised issues about your own or others gambling, please contact Gambling Help Online for free confidential counselling or call the Gambling Support Hotline on 1800 858 858.
For all media enquiries call 9895 3243.
General Practitioner Clinical Advisory Service (GPCAS) – 19 March 2019
Social Drinkers can contribute to important addiction research – 25 January 2019