Hamilton Centre Scholarships for Victorian Mental Health and Wellbeing workers to undertake the Graduate Certificate of Addictive Behaviours in 2024
Hamilton Centre is offering scholarships to Victorian Mental Health and Wellbeing (MHWB) workers to undertake the Graduate Certificate of Addictive Behaviours in 2024. The course is delivered online via Monash University.
The scholarships are an opportunity for workers within the Victorian MHWB sector to gain access to a specialised AOD qualification at a postgraduate level. The Graduate Certificate of Addictive Behaviours is designed to broaden your knowledge and skills related to the theory and practice of responding to substance use disorders and other addictive behaviours.
Scholarship and fee information
The scholarship is valued at approximately $10,000 per person.
You will be required to pay the remaining balance of the fees (approximately $3,650).
Students may be eligible for a FEE-HELP loan.
To be considered for a scholarship you must:
- Currently work within a Victorian Department of Health funded MHWB agency in Victoria
- Have worked in the MHWB sector for at least two (2) years
- Must commit to completing the course in 2024 and paying any outstanding fee to Monash University.
Additional selection criteria
In addition to the scholarship eligibility requirements listed above, the following Monash University M4018 Graduate Certificate of Addictive Behaviours Course 2024 selection criteria must also be met:
- English language Monash minimum: Level A, that is: IELTS (Academic): 6.5 overall (no band lower than 6.0); or Pearson Test of English (Academic): score of 58 overall
- Hold an Australian bachelor degree or equivalent in a cognate discipline with at least a pass average. *Cognate disciplines include medicine, psychology, nursing, health science, occupational therapy, social work, social and community welfare, science, policy, law, criminology, research, teaching, arts (multidisciplinary), and other health and social science.
Further information can be found here: M4018 Graduate Certificate of Addictive Behaviours.
Expressions of interest
To apply before 1 October 2023 click on the following link Expressions of Interest
For Frequently asked questions click on following link: