Department of Health (Vic) Scholarships for Victorian AOD workers to undertake the Graduate Certificate of Addictive Behaviours in 2022
The Department of Health (DH) is offering 20 scholarships to workers within the Victorian Alcohol and Other Drug sector to undertake the Graduate Certificate of Addictive Behaviours. The scholarships are an opportunity for workers within the Victorian AOD sector to gain access to a specialised AOD qualification at a postgraduate level.
Scholarship and Fee Information
The scholarship is valued at approximately $9,000 per person.
For further information on course structure and course fees please click on the following link:
Students may be eligible for a FEE-HELP loan. For further information see:
All conditions must be met by applicants
- Must currently work within a DH funded AOD agency in Victoria
- Must have worked in the AOD sector for at least two (2) years
- Must hold an Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a cognate discipline* with at least a pass average
- Must be eligible and meet the criteria for enrolment into M4018 Graduate Certificate of Addictive Behaviours Course 2022.
*Cognate disciplines include medicine, psychology, nursing, health science, occupational therapy, social work, social and community welfare, science, policy, law, criminology, research, teaching, arts (multidisciplinary), and other health and social sciences.
Additional selection criteria
- English language Monash minimum: Level A, that is: IELTS (Academic): 6.5 overall (no band lower than 6.0); or Pearson Test of English (Academic): score of 58 overall
- Applicants are requested to submit a curriculum vitae and a 500 word statement of purpose outlining reasons for undertaking the course. This should include your academic and professional interests, how you’ll believe you add value to the graduate program and why you believe you should be awarded a scholarship.
- A selection panel consisting of representatives from DH, Turning Point and Monash University will review all expressions of interest. Selection will be based on meeting the eligibility criteria for the course as well as reviewing the statement of purpose and occupational and academic achievements.
- The panel will ensure that the allocation of scholarships is fairly distributed across the Victorian AOD sector.
- Priority will be given to those in a clinical role.
- Priority will be given to those who have not previously received a scholarship from DH for this course.
- Applicants must commit to completing the course in 2022 and paying any outstanding fee to Monash University.
The closing date for the Scholarship Expression of Interest is Tuesday 30th November 2021. Successful applications will be notified in writing and will be required to complete the admission process into the course via Monash University by Monday 31st January 2022.