Victorian Department of Health Scholarships for Victorian AOD workers to undertake the Graduate Certificate of Addictive Behaviours in 2023
The Victorian Department of Health (DH) is offering 20 scholarships to workers within the Victorian Alcohol and Other Drug sector to undertake the Graduate Certificate of Addictive Behaviours. The scholarships are an opportunity for workers within the Victorian AOD sector to gain access to a specialised AOD qualification at a postgraduate level.
Scholarship and Fee Information
The scholarship is valued at approximately $10,000 per person.
For further information on course structure and course fees please click on the following link:
Students may be eligible for a FEE-HELP loan. For further information see:
To be considered for a scholarship you must:
- Currently work within a DH funded AOD agency in Victoria
- Have worked in the AOD sector for at least two (2) years
- Must commit to completing the course in 2023 and paying any outstanding fee to Monash University.
Additional selection criteria
In addition to the scholarship eligibility requirements listed above the following Monash University M4018 Graduate Certificate of Addictive Behaviours Course 2023 selection criteria must also be met:
- English language Monash minimum: Level A, that is: IELTS (Academic): 6.5 overall (no band lower than 6.0); or Pearson Test of English (Academic): score of 58 overall
- Hold an Australian bachelor degree or equivalent in a cognate discipline with at least a credit average of 60%. *Cognate disciplines include medicine, psychology, nursing, health science, occupational therapy, social work, social and community welfare, science, policy, law, criminology, research, teaching, arts (multidisciplinary), and other health and social science
Applications are now closed.